Tuesday 10 March 2009

Officially day one!



Today is my first official day in China. I was so excited, I woke up at 3 am wondering where I was? oh yeah, Beijing! But Omaha time it was 2 pm, so my body said it was time to get going!
We had a quick breakfast with some unusual choices ( Rice soup, fried rice...) but then, there was fresh fruit and cereal. Guess what I choose? Then, we meet some friends at Starbucks. We talked for a long time!!! I know this doesn't sound fun to you kids, but it was fun for me and I learned a lot about China.
In the afternoon we went shopping at a place called the Pearl Market. It is CRAZY there, they actually grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into their booth. I did buy a new purse and some more scarves!
It was great to talk to Mrs. Johnson's class tonight! I hope I'll get to talk to mine tomorrow!

No comments: